1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/2 teasp. salt
1/8 teasp. pepper
2 eggs, slightly beaten
12 oz. chili sauce
1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
1. Heat oven to 375°. In large bowl, combine all meatball ingredients; blend well. Shape into 1-inch balls; place in ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
2. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until meatballs are browned and no longer pink in center.
3. Meanwhile, in large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; blend well. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add meatballs to sauce; stir to coat. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Makes 60 meatballs.
5. Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare and bake the meatballs up to 24 hours before your party. Cover and refrigerate them. Just before serving, prepare the sauce and heat the meatballs in it.
|submitted by Kenny Berton, a film writer and director whos family film Merlins Shop of Mystical Wonders can be seen on Showtime and HBO.|